Harmful Waste: DOs and DON'Ts
These Emergency Tips will assist you in taking proper action until SERVPRO of Columbia & Greene Counties arrive.
- Avoid all contact with waste and items contaminated by it.
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Keep hands clean.
- Attempt to cleanup up anything.
- Touch pr handle items that might be contaminated with bodily fluids.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to contaminated areas.
- Spread contaminates around by walked unnecessarily on or near contaminated areas.
Harmful wastes include Sewage, Blood borne Pathogens, any Bodily Fluid, etc.
Please follow these DOs and DON'Ts to help reduce damage and increase the chances of a successful restoration during a disaster.