Thanksgiving Day Safety Tips
Did you know- Thanksgiving is the leading day for home kitchen cooking fire occurrences in the U.S.? The next most common day for cooking fires; the day before Thanksgiving! The National Fire Protection Association is here for everyone with some helpful tips to have a fun and SAFE Thanksgiving.
- When prepping and cooking, stay in the kitchen to keep an eye on the stove and oven
- Never leave your home when the oven is on (even if its on its lowest heat setting)
- Make sure kids stay away from the hot stove, oven, hot food, and liquids. Steam or splash from vegetables, gravy, or coffee
- Keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them before your start cooking by pushing the test button
Damage from fire or smoke is always devastating, but especially during the holidays. If a kitchen fire accident hits your home, SERVPRO of Columbia and Greene Counties is a 24-hour Emergency Service that can help get your kitchen back up and running for the next round of big family dinners. Have Questions? Call Us Today – (518) 943-5005