Spring is finally here! With the warmer weather and pollination comes the dreaded spring cleaning. Spring Cleaning does not have to be an activity you avoid. Check out these Spring Cleaning Tips to maximize your cleaning efficiency for a cleaner home!
- Organize your closets. Donate used clothing and accessories. Reorganize what you want to keep by color or style and you will have an aesthetically pleasing, clean closet!
- Clean all your fabrics. Wash pillows, pillow coverings, mattress pads, bath mats, shower curtains and liners!
- Collect your rugs and other dust collectors. Take them outside, shake them and let them air out on a sunny day.
- Revamp your refrigerator. Dispose of old leftovers and clear the fridge to scrub the shelves and bins.
- Check your fire safety equipment. Change the batteries in smoke detectors and clear them of dust. Review fire escape plans with your family.
- Dust, Dust, Dust! Take every item of your shelves and dust. The crevice tool on your vacuum can also help with this task. Don’t forget lighting fixtures and window casings. Remember, dust first and then vacuum!
- Make your house shine. Wash your windows inside and out, wipe down the walls and lighting accessories, vacuum and mop the floors. When your house is clean you will see and smell the difference!
And don’t forget, if you want to do an even deeper clean call SERVPRO of Columbia & Greene Counties!