You may have considered SERVPRO as just as just a fire and water mitigation service, but did you know--we offer so much more than that! Although, fire and water are most common, you may need assistance with the cleanup of more.
If you are exposed to biological and chemical contaminants in your home, it could pose serious health consequences. Failure to properly remove such substances can lead to unhealthy and very dangerous environments. Lucky for you, our team is trained to safely remove bio hazards and properly dispose of them.
These Emergency Tips will assist you in taking proper action until SERVPRO of Columbia & Greene Counties arrive.
- Avoid all contact with waste and items contaminated by it.
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Keep hands clean.
- Attempt to cleanup up anything.
- Touch or handle items that might be contaminated with bodily fluids.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to contaminated areas.
- Spread contaminates around by walked unnecessarily on or near contaminated areas.
Harmful wastes include Sewage, Blood borne Pathogens, any Bodily Fluid, etc.