Importance of Smoke Detectors
Smoke detectors are said to be the most least expensive way of having an early warning to a potentially deadly fire in your home. Detectors should be installed on every floor in your home in each bedroom. Do install them on the ceiling of your home or on the wall close to the ceiling.
- Maintain according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Test your smoke alarms every month using test button.
- Install interconnected smoke alarms.
- Replace batteries yearly.
- Install using house wiring with battery back-up.
- Replace all alarms every 10 years.
- Have a plan or route of escape.
- Have a meeting place outside your home.
A smoke detector is a critical component to detecting early signs of a fire in your home or business. It can mean the difference between life and death and how quickly you can exit and contact first responders to extinguish the disaster.