Recent Cleaning Posts
When is the best time to have your HVAC system cleaned?
Image of Ducts Contaminated and Clean and what could be contaminating the air ducts.
FALL! Now that the weather is cooling off, it is time to switch off the AC and allow the cool fall air to sweep through your home. This provides an excellent opportunity to have your HVAC ducts cleaned before they must kick back into gear for winter.
HVAC maintenance typically becomes “out of sight, out of mind,” but keeping your ducts clear can protect you and your family from poor air quality. Unkempt HVAC systems can be circulating dust, pet dander, outdoor allergens, and more. Keeping your system clean can also extend the life of your equipment.
However, air duct cleaning is not always necessary. Our SERVPRO Team can inspect and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your air and system.
Having your ducts cleaned by a SERVPRO professional allows your home to have the best air quality year-round.
SERVPRO HVAC Cleaning Services
Sneezing like crazy? Coughing uncontrollably? Maybe the air you’re breathing in your home isn’t as clean as you thought. Ever wonder? Believe it or not ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. But have no fear - the SERVPRO team is here!
If your HVAC system has been running for a while without any attention it could be circulating dust, pollen, odors, dirt, debris and more. “If no one in your household suffers from allergies or unexplained symptoms or illnesses and if, after a visual inspection of the inside of the ducts, you see no indication that your air ducts are contaminated with large deposits of dust or mold... having your air ducts cleaned is probably unnecessary. It is normal for the return registers to get dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the grate. This does not indicate that your air ducts are contaminated with heavy deposits of dust or debris; the registers can be easily vacuumed or removed and cleaned.
On the other hand, if family members are experiencing unusual or unexplained symptoms or illnesses that you think might be related to your home environment, you should discuss the situation with your doctor. EPA has published the following publications for guidance on identifying possible indoor air quality problems and ways to prevent or fix them.
You may consider having your air ducts cleaned simply because it seems logical that air ducts will get dirty over time and should occasionally be cleaned. While the debate about the value of periodic duct cleaning continues, no evidence suggests that such cleaning would be detrimental, provided that it is done properly.” That’s where our team comes in!
Give SERVPRO of Columbia & Greene Counties a call today at (518) 943-5005!
Spring is finally here! With the warmer weather and pollination comes the dreaded spring cleaning. Spring Cleaning does not have to be an activity you avoid. Check out these Spring Cleaning Tips to maximize your cleaning efficiency for a cleaner home!
- Organize your closets. Donate used clothing and accessories. Reorganize what you want to keep by color or style and you will have an aesthetically pleasing, clean closet!
- Clean all your fabrics. Wash pillows, pillow coverings, mattress pads, bath mats, shower curtains and liners!
- Collect your rugs and other dust collectors. Take them outside, shake them and let them air out on a sunny day.
- Revamp your refrigerator. Dispose of old leftovers and clear the fridge to scrub the shelves and bins.
- Check your fire safety equipment. Change the batteries in smoke detectors and clear them of dust. Review fire escape plans with your family.
- Dust, Dust, Dust! Take every item of your shelves and dust. The crevice tool on your vacuum can also help with this task. Don’t forget lighting fixtures and window casings. Remember, dust first and then vacuum!
- Make your house shine. Wash your windows inside and out, wipe down the walls and lighting accessories, vacuum and mop the floors. When your house is clean you will see and smell the difference!
And don’t forget, if you want to do an even deeper clean call SERVPRO of Columbia & Greene Counties!
"Like it never even happened" SPOTLIGHT
This photo shows after the attic was cleaned of all the dirty insulation. Photo taken before attic was paint sprayed.
"Like it never even happened" SPOTLIGHT
This mountain-top home in Windham was visited by a raccoon whom left behind a big mess in the attic. The critter got up into the attic through an open hole in the soffit and made the area it's home leaving feces and destroying all the insulation! SERVPRO of Columbia & Greene Counties was called and knew what to do. They removed all the insulation from the attic one garbage bag full at a time until the area was insulation free. The crew then sprayed the entire area to handle a little pre-existing mold discovered during the process. This was no job SERVPRO of Columbia & Greene Counties couldn't handle. Call us for your attic remediation at (518) 943-5005!
Clean Home = Quick Sale
A clean, fresh smelling home sells faster. Unfortunately, not all homes are maintained in the same way. Nearly all realtors are faced, at some point, with a difficult listing to show.
Realtors encourage clients to keep their homes in top condition for very important reasons:
- Increased market value
- Reduced list to sale conversion times
- Enhanced reputation for quality listings and quick sales
SERVPRO of Columbia & Greene Counties offers a wide variety of services to help revive your listings to top show condition such as:
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapery, and Blind Cleaning
- Ceiling, Wall, and Hard Floor Cleaning
- Duct and HVAC Cleaning
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
Prior to listing a property, the following steps can be taken to reduce the potential for moisture buildup or mold growth. Should a damage event occur, timely response is the key to preventing further damage.
- Act within the first 24-48 hours
- Correct any water leaks or standing water
- Properly maintain humidifiers, if used
- Install a ventilation system